PLEASE PROVIDE ME A SPECIFIC, DETAILED AND PARAGRAPH FORMATTED RESPONSE!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Please answer the requirements in all five parts.
***Go to this link and view the videos provided for you.****
This really happened!!!!
1. How did it make you feel? How can you connect it with The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe?
List some interesting facts about lions that apply to the story.
BASED on your research, WHY do you THINK C.S. LEWIS made Aslan a lion?
You may simply NOT just say, because lions are the kings of the beasts. you need to explain your answer and give us many details. To extend that thought, research and find out how lion became known as "The King of Beasts."
What other roles, characters, times can you think of that lions have played a big role in a story or movie? What was the lion like in this role?
If you could change Aslan into another animal would you? Why or why not? If you could, what animal would it be? How would that change the story?
Monday, February 2, 2009
The setting of the novel is where and when a story takes place. The setting influences the characters' behaviors and plot events. Settings may be real (concrete) or imaginary (abstract).
Possible Parts of a Setting
-Time Period (historic)
-Time of Day
2. View the links below and write a summary about the setting of the novel. Summaries are brief and highlight key ideas.
3. How does the setting of the story influence the characters? Use specific examples.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Personification is when non-human things are given human characteristics.
E.g. 1 The table sat and watched the clock while it waited for someone to have a seat.
Non-human thing - table
Human characteristic(s) - sat (sitting), watched (watching), waited (waiting)
E.g. 2 The weasel danced around merrily while he escaped the jaws of the cobra.
Non human thing -weasel
Human characteristic(s) - danced
1. What examples of personification can you find in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe?
2. How does personification add to the story?
As we discussed in class, the White Witch is the villain in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Read the questions below and create a thoughtful, original post. Ideas should be your focus.
Villains are called antagonists because they "oppose" the main character (protagonist). Antagonists keep the story going by creating challenges for the main character (protagonist).
Antagonist comes from the Greek word antagonistes. It means "rival."
1. Choose the White Witch and another villain of your choice. What characteristics are the same among these villains?
2. How does your villain compare with other villains that your classmates have listed?
1. Have you ever experienced something odd, and when you tried to tell someone else about it, they didn't believe you? Please explain your situation (making sure it is school appropriate) using descriptive word choice and vivid details. If this has not happened to you, think of this as a creative writing activity and use your imagination to create a fictional situation.
2. How do you compare and contrast with Lucy?
Happy thinking! Miss Bailin